“I don’t know if I would be running for office if it weren’t for [AOC] and members of The Squad.” 

“If you want to call me a socialist, then call me a socialist.”

“Defund the police means a dramatic reduction in the number of police in our poor communities and particularly our poor Black and Brown communities."

“Defund the police, and defund the system that's terrorizing our communities.”

"A system this cruel and inhumane can't be reformed.”

“Police and safety don’t go hand in hand.”

“Only 5% of policing is focused on violent crime. The other 95% can be handled by other agencies.”

"I stand with the movement demanding a real $1 billion cut to the NYPD and reallocating resources to public health and the social safety net. We don't need to hire more police."
“There is no border crisis.”

“We have disrupted the political, social, and economic systems in Central America for over a century, because of our personal capitalist interests. “Because of that disruption, that’s why we see a rise in crime and the rise of dysfunction and that’s why people are coming here. The least we can do is offer them asylum.”

"The best we can do is implement a 21st century Marshall Plan and help to rebuild Central America in the same ways that we have destroyed it."
“The Palestinians are an occupied people. They are an oppressed people. Innocent people and children are suffering as America supports the occupation and denies Palestinians freedom.”

Led an effort with Bernie Sanders to urge President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Antony Blinken to investigate whether Israel is using US weapons to commit human rights abuses against Palestinians.
“We need to stop drilling for fossil fuels completely ... we need an expedited way to get us to clean, renewable energy, or we will continue to have these severe weather events."

“We already know that the climate crisis hits our Black and brown communities the hardest”

"Republicans want to defund every government program except for those that actively terrorize Black and brown people"
Removed his name from a bill promoting peace in the Middle East! 

Voted “NO” on the Secure the Border Act of 2023.

Co-sponsored with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; Reps. Rashida Tlaib & Ilhan Omar; and other Squad members commemorating the Palestinian “Nakba,” a term that characterizes Israel’s founding on May 14, 1948 (the same day that the U.S. officially recognized the new state) as a “catastrophe.”